- Fiber Optic Switch/Converter allows accessing
two separate fiber optic 100 Base FX ports (ports A & B) from a
100 Base TX Fast Ethernet port (COMMON port).
- Fiber Optic/twisted pair copper conversion
is built in!
- Switch is fully compliant with the 802.3u
100 Base TX/FX standard.
- Front panel button changes switch position.
No need to plug and unplug fiber patchcords.
- Front panel LEDs display switch position.
(2) SC Duplex for A and B ports.
(1) RS45 for 100 Base TX COMMON.
(1) DB9/R for Supervisory Port.
- Size: 2"H x 7.5"W x 7"D,
- Power: 115VAC, 60Hz, wall mount, 5-VDC
great solution for conversion
and fallback applications!
Model 4185 Ports A and
B are 1300nm, SC Duplex, Multimode, 100 Base FX fiber optic ports. The COMMON
port is a 100 Base TX Fast Ethernet port. The selected fiber optic port
will convert and pass data to and from the 100 Base TX COMMON port. The
internal circuitry insures isolation between the A and B devices / networks.
The QuickSwitch 4185 includes an
RS-232 serial security enhanced Supervisory Remote Port. Upon proper authentication,
a terminal or computer in terminal mode connected to this port can communicate
with the unit, determine its status, change the switch position as desired,
and or lockout front panel switching capability. A modem can also be connected
to this port for remote access to the switch. Access to the Supervisory
Remote Port feature is password protected. An optional graphical user interface
(GUI) software is also available for use with a computer running Windows